Excellent GCSE results achieved at George Abbot School
Students and staff at George Abbot School are celebrating pleasing GCSE results for five A*-C, including English and Maths at GCSE.
- The overall pass rate was 99% for Year 11 students taking GCSEs.
- 83% of Year 11 students achieved five or more passes at Grades A*-C or equivalent.
- 78% of students achieved five or more passes at Grades A*-C including Maths and English.
- 30% of all passes were at grade A* or A
- 31 students achieved 10 or more of their passes at grade A* or A
- 3 students (Amy Morphy, Zoe Nicolaou and Lara Queiros) achieved 10 or more A* grades.
Phil Reeves, Deputy Headteacher commented:
“Students and staff at George Abbot School are celebrating these fantastic GCSE results. We are pleased as they show improvement for the school in a year when GCSE results have dipped nationally. It has been a happy results day and we are delighted that so many of our students and their parents have come join us in school to receive their well-deserved results. Today we can be proud of all our students’ achievements earned through lots of hard work. We must thank parents for their support, and the dedicated teachers and staff here at George Abbot who have worked so hard as a team to help make these results possible. Most students will now be going on to further study with the majority taking A Levels in our sixth form.”