Working for a GEP academy enables you to benefit from a wide variety of expertise from a dedicated and experienced support team. Whilst each academy is individual, our sum is greater than our parts.
REASONS TO WORK IN A GEP ACADEMY
Beneficial Terms & Conditions of Employment
Access to Surrey Extra Benefits Scheme, which provides discounts to a range of services, including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Schemes
Teachers Pension Scheme and Local Government Pension Scheme
Varied CPD opportunities across primary and secondary phase, for example, excellent support for NQTs, NQT training, Middle Leadership training and access to Senior Leadership courses
GEP Local Academy Committee Clerk – Fullbrook School
Salary: SP6 £21,563 – £25,314 per annum pro rata equivalent to £11.49 – £13.49 per hour
Hours: As and when required (approximately 90 hours per annum)
Deadline: 11.59pm, 18 April 2018
GEP Academies is a multi-academy trust (MAT) currently comprising 4 primary and 3 secondary schools in Surrey. As a MAT, the local governance arrangements are referred to as GEP Local Academy Committees (GLAC), in place of local governing bodies in maintained schools.
We have a vacancy for a clerk to support our GLAC at Fullbrook School.
The successful applicant will clerk approximately 18 GLAC and committee meetings over the academic year, providing effective administrative support, as well as advising on governance, constitutional and procedural matters helping governors to understand their role, function and legal duties.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A person of integrity, able to maintain confidentiality and remain impartial.
- Have a flexible approach to both the needs of the GLAC and its committee, and to working hours/location (meetings are 1.5-2.5 hours and are held at various times; early morning, during the school day, afternoon/evening).
- Well organised with good listening, oral and literacy skills to support accurate record keeping, and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Confident in communicating will all levels.
- Knowledgeable on governance procedures and educational legislation and guidance and/or willingness to develop knowledge.
To view the job description, please click here.
We welcome applications from existing staff and clerks, however due to the need to maintain confidentiality and avoid conflicts of interests, members of staff and parents of Fullbrook children are not able to apply for this position. If you are interested in clerking for another GLAC within our MAT, please contact us.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
To apply, please complete a copy of our support staff application form (below) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.
For all other existing vacancies across the group, please visit the e-teach page for GEP Academies. Alternatively, visit the vacancies/e-teach for each academy by clicking on the relevant logo below.